ABOUT THE JOB
The Project Manager will assist and work with the Production Management team to manage, schedule and follow up with all the tasks and deliverables as defined by the production management team. Combining observation, problem solving and risk mitigation skills, the Project Manager will help and support the team, raising and solving problems before/as they occur.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Project Management
· Assist the producer in kicking-off any new mandate/project and act as the owner of assigned areas’ deliverables
· Support the team in the following areas:
1. Capacity planning and Realistic Scope Management.
2. Scheduling and tracking of Deliverables (Status, progression, priority).
3. Clear communication and management of Risks.
4. Milestone Planning, Review, Retrospectives.
· Drive progress and improve the game throughout development
· Mitigate and highlight any existing and potential risks ahead of time,
· Take ownership of specific development areas to coordinate and track schedules, identify current and future risks, and troubleshoot communication and dependency problems
· Develop and implement a mandates with each collaborating studio or team (define the mandate, respective roles and responsibilities and a clear decision-making framework), communicate the mandate to the teams, make any necessary adjustments and ensure compliance throughout the production process.
- Coordination and People Management
· Mobilize the team by reporting team morale on a regular basis and implementing means to maintain a work environment that fosters production;
· Coach direct contributors and provide regular feedback on their performance;
· Assess the performance of direct contributors and take part in the evaluation process by validating coherence and fairness for all team members;
· Participate in the development of the organizational structure of the project to put talents to optimal use;
· Identify key employees and promising talents on the team;
· Participate in the development and follow up of hiring and/or transition plan of team members.
· At least one full game project under your belt in a production management role
· Knowledge in game development tools and methodology and working experience (Jira, etc.)
· Management experience
· Familiarity with modern production methodologies such as Scrum
· Familiarity with production tools like Jira or Hansoft.
· Capacity to take leadership and maintain an efficient and positive team when necessary
· Problem solving
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
· Autonomous and proactive attitude
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
· Capacity for growth and development
· 4+ years’ experience in a management position (Lead or Production role) within the video game industry
· Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team
· Sense of humor
All applications must include a Cover Letter, CV/Resume and any relevant documentation.
About Virtuos (Kuala Lumpur)
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Project Manager who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.