- Follow a project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead when creating textures
- Adhere to specific texturing pipelines and adapt to constraints needed for texture creation
- Produce all required textures needed (Normal map, spec, diffuse etc) for game production, which includes tiling textures, and object-based textures
- Be a strong team member of the Organic Team that creates the natural environment of the game world
- Be proactive and work closely with modelers/lighting artists to adapt textures to their needs & constraints
- Use good judgement and expertise to optimize the number of textures that are produced and their uses
- Familiarity with the tools needed with handling textures and follow/maintain the setup structure in engine
- Knowledge of creating textures which adhere to the basics of Physically Based Rendering (PBR)
- Good knowledge on Substance Designer for procedural texture creation
- Knowledge in Substance Painter & Photoshop, 3ds Max, Zbrush & other 3rd Party texturing programs like, Xnormal, Quixel, Ndo etc.
- Strong artistic sense with an eye for detail, composition and value/colour theory.
- Basic traditional drawing and hand painting skills
- Basic knowledge in modelling & UV
- Ability to accept feedback
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work under pressure
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Eagerness to learn and improve
About Ubisoft Singapore
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!