The Junior Technical Artist works with their Lead, Art Director and Programmers to assist in creation of the pipelines and tools needed to support the art production of the project. A key aspect of this role is to work with the art team to validate art data against the budgets and technical constraints.
- Assist with setting up and maintaining production pipelines and workflows
- Act as a bridge between Art and Tech to support validation of game features and technologies
- Collaborate in development of tools and methods in order to improve and assist the Art Team in their work
- Test tools before deployment and make sure they function correctly throughout production
- Gatekeeper of Tech Art constraints, pushing for top visual quality and performance
- Work with Art Leads, Technical Directors and QA to ensure that all the assets conform to technical requirements
- PC/Console profiling and optimization
- Produce and maintain documentation on tools, methods, trainings, processes, and engine limits for consultation and future reference.
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, design, VFX, animation or other relevant technical discipline
- Aptitude for problem solving, decision making, collaboration & communication
- Experience and knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Procedural software and workflows (Houdini)
- Scripting languages and programming concepts (Python, C#)
- 3D and 2D software (3DSMax, Photoshop, Substance)
- Data management software (perforce)
- Knowledge and interest in multiple areas of game development:
- Modelling & Texturing
- Rendering and Post Processes
- Physics Simulation and Destruction
- Rigging and Animation
- Experience with game editors and engines considered a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Being creative (original and resourceful in finding solutions)
About Ubisoft Singapore
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!